This terms & conditions is effective from November 12, 2020.
1. Your Acceptance of the Terms
PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW SECTION 22 “MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER” SET FORTH BELOW AS IT WILL REQUIRE YOU TO RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION. BY ENTERING THESE TERMS, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE TERMS INCLUDED HEREIN AND HAVE TAKEN TIME TO CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THIS IMPORTANT DECISION.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. It is your responsibility to check the Terms periodically because any changes will be binding on you. By continuing to access or use the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
2. The Services and Users of the Services
Through our Services we offer an innovative community and marketplace for the wedding industry and for other important life events. Our Services are only available to business entities and individuals at least 18 years of age who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law.
Users of our Services include individual users such as prospective brides and grooms, newlyweds, wedding guests, people hosting an event, cohabitants of a residence, and expectant parents (collectively, “Members”), and companies and other third parties offering products and services related to weddings or other important life events (collectively, “Vendors”) (all of the foregoing, including Members and Vendors, are referred to collectively, herein as “Users”). Certain areas of the Services may provide a place for Members to interact with Vendors and book services that a Vendor offers.
As a Member, you acknowledge that while we use techniques to help verify the identity of Vendors when they register for memberships or subscriptions on our Services, we cannot and will not guarantee each Vendor’s identity, capabilities, that it has obtained all required permits, licenses or consents, or that it complies with all applicable laws. We do not endorse any particular Vendor nor do we guarantee the quality of their goods or services. You should use our Services as a starting point for identifying organizations that provide the products and services you need, then conduct your own research to ensure the service providers you choose to do business are appropriate for you.
If you are agreeing to the Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to the Terms and, in such event, “you” and “your” refer to that company or other entity.
As a Vendor you acknowledge that we will not endorse you or your products or services. We are in no way responsible for assisting you in reaching an agreement with Members. We are not responsible for assisting you in providing goods and services to Members. Your membership or subscription to our Services may not be transferred or sold to another party.
As a Vendor you must list the true and correct name of your business on the Services. If there is a change to that business name, Vendors must promptly update the Services and may need to provide additional documentation for proof of name change. Vendors who engage in the sale of goods and services must have a valid business operations license, as applicable. If you or your company experiences a dissolution, merger or other significant change in personnel (e.g., sale of company), then we, in our sole discretion, have the right to determine whether to keep active, transfer or terminate your account, including all content previously associated with such account.
3. Nondiscrimination Policy
We want all Users to feel welcome and included on our Services. Accordingly, we prohibit discrimination against Users, guests, or Our Representatives (as defined below) based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital, family, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or citizenship status, age, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, regional, state, or local law. Such discrimination includes, but is not limited to, refusing to provide or accept services or any other conduct that improperly takes into account these characteristics. This prohibition applies to the posting of discriminatory content, such as reviews or forum posts, on the Services. We will, at our discretion, take steps to enforce this policy, up to and including suspending from our Services those Vendors and Members who violate this policy. If you experience discrimination with any Member or Vendor, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject "Nondiscrimination Policy," so we can investigate and take appropriate measures.
We reserve the right to suspend any User’s access to the Services and cancel the contract of any Vendor to violates these rules or who engages in offensive and detrimental behavior, including behavior that shocks, insults, or offends the community and public morals and decency, including through making racist, discriminatory or offensive comments on our properties and elsewhere or by taking actions that would tend to reflect poorly on us.
4. Accounts, Passwords and Security
To access certain features or areas of the Services, you may be required to register and create an account. You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable registration or log-in form, and you are responsible for keeping such information up to date (this includes your contact information, so that we can reliably contact you). In addition, certain features of the Services may only be available to our registered Users. To access those areas of the Services you will be required to log in using your username and password. You are responsible for all activity occurring when the Services are accessed through your account, whether authorized by you or not.
Therefore, if you create an account, be sure to protect the confidentiality of your account password. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
- The Information We Collect and the Ways We Use It
- Cookies and Online Analytics
- Online Advertising
- How We Share and Disclose Your Information
- Notice About Use of Our Forums and Features
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information
- Your Choices and Rights
- Third Party Links and Features
- Children’s Privacy
- International Users
- How We Protect Your Information
- Retention of Your Information
- THE EVENTSCAPE Contact Information
A. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND THE WAYS WE USE IT
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when you use our Services. The information we collect and the purposes for which we use it will depend to some extent on the specific Services you use and how you interact with THE EVENTSCAPE. The following section describes the categories of information about you that we collect and how we collect and use such information. See the following section for information regarding the purposes for which we collect information.
A.1. Contact and account registration information, e.g., name, email address, postal address, phone number, wireless device address, account username or screen name, and password
6. Rules for Using the Services
You must comply with all applicable laws and contractual obligations when you use the Services. In using the Services, you also agree to abide by the rules outlined below.
Users of the Services
As a User of the Services, you expressly agree not to:
- Create an account in another person’s or entity’s name, create more than one account, use another’s account or impersonate another person or entity;
- Use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes our rights or the rights of others;
- Restrict or inhibit other Users from using and enjoying the Services;
- "Harvest," "scrape," "stream catch" or collect information from the Services using an automated software tool (including but not limited to use of robots, spiders, or similar means), or manually on a mass basis (unless we have given you separate written permission to do so); This includes, for example, information about other Users of the Services and information about the offerings, products, services and promotions available on or through the Services;
- Circumvent or reverse engineer the Services or our systems or to gain unauthorized access to any areas of the Services, or any other systems or networks connected to the Services, or to any of the services offered on or through the Services that are not intended for access by you, by hacking, password “mining,” or any other illegitimate means;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Services or our systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Services, including by “flooding” the Services with requests;
- Use the Services to gain competitive intelligence about us, the Services, or any product offered via the Services or to otherwise complete with us or our affiliates, or use information on the Services to create or sell a similar product or information;
- Manipulate or forge identifiers to disguise the origin of any information posted on the Services or otherwise provided to us or our employees;
- Use the Services to promote spamming, chain letters, or other unsolicited communications; or
- Engage in tactics, or direct or encourage others, to attempt to bypass the Services or our systems to avoid complying with any of our applicable policies, including these Terms, paying applicable fees, or complying with other contractual obligations, if any.
If you are a Vendor, you further expressly agree not to:
- Violate any applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Services and your listing, shipping, transporting, and solicitation of offers to ship and transport items;
- Include promotional text or endorsements in your storefront name or your storefront picture(s);
- Discourage, either through the Services or otherwise, any Member from hiring other Vendors of the Services; or
- "Farm" out Member leads (i.e., taking Member leads provided to you and transferring them to others that are not Vendors of the Services).
We reserve the right to suspend any User’s access to the Services and/or cancel the contract of any User that violates these rules.
7. Protection of Intellectual Property Content
Our Services contain copyrighted material, inventions, know-how, potentially patentable business method material, design logos, phrases, names, logos, HTML code and/or other computer code and/or scripts (collectively, "Intellectual Property Content"). Unless otherwise indicated and/or provided pursuant to a third-party license, our Intellectual Property Content is our sole property, and we retain all appurtenant rights, interests and title thereto. We also claim ownership rights under the copyright and trademark laws with regard to the “look,” “feel,” “appearance” and “graphic function” of this Services, including but not limited to its color combinations, sounds, layouts and designs.
You may use the Services (including any content and materials included on the Services) for your own personal, non-commercial use, but you may not use it for commercial purposes. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any material from the Services unless explicitly authorized in these Terms. You may not frame or link to the Services without our prior written permission.
The Services contain trademarks, trade names, trade dress, service marks, domain names or other indicia of ownership (collectively the "Marks") owned or licensed for use by us, including but not limited to THE EVENTSCAPE. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, you agree that no right, property, license, permission, or interest of any kind in or to the Marks is or is intended to be given or transferred to or acquired by you pursuant to the execution, performance, or non-performance of the Terms or any part thereof. You shall in no way contest or deny the validity of, our right of title to or license of use for, the Marks, and you shall not encourage or assist others directly or indirectly to do so, during the lifetime of the Terms and thereafter. You shall not utilize the Marks or any similar marks in any manner that would diminish their value or harm their reputation.
You shall not use or register any domain name, trademark, or service mark that is identical to or similar to any of the Marks.
8. Content Submitted by Users
The Services may offer Users the opportunity to submit or post information to the Services, and to share information with other Users through message boards, Vendor advertisements and listings, and other means. You agree to use common sense and good judgment when conducting or posting any online communication or distribution of information.
Any information submitted to the Services through any means is "Submitted Content."
By posting Submitted Content, you expressly represent and warrant the following: (i) you are the owner, with all appurtenant rights thereto, of any and all Submitted Content; or (ii) you are the legitimate and rightful grantee of a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, and distribute Submitted Content. You further represent and warrant that all persons and entities connected with the Submitted Content, and all other persons and entities whose names, voices, photographs, likenesses, works, services, and materials have been used in the Submitted Content or its exploitation, have authorized the use of their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, performances, and biographical data in connection with the advertising, promotion, trade and other exploitation of the Submitted Content and the rights granted herein.
Users are solely responsible for their Submitted Content. We do not control the Submitted Content of Users. We are not a publisher of Submitted Content and we are not responsible for its accuracy or legality. You assume legal responsibility for and will indemnify us from all liabilities, losses, or damages incurred as a result of any of your Submitted Content.
9. Our License to Submitted Content
By posting Submitted Content to any part of the Services, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to us, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully-paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense at multiple levels) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Submitted Content for any purpose and in any format on or in connection with the Services, our business, or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate such Submitted Content into other works, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. Additionally, by providing Submitted Content, you authorize us to use the names, voices, photographs, likenesses, performances, and biographical data included in or associated with any Submitted Content in connection with the advertising, promotion, trade and other exploitation of the Submitted Content and the rights granted herein. You acknowledge that we may retain archived copies of your Submitted Content and may continue to use your Submitted Content in connection with any materials that were created prior to your removal of your Submitted Content, in accordance with the license described above.
We always want to receive messages and feedback from our Users and welcome any comments regarding the Services. Any ideas, suggestions, comments or proposals you send to us (collectively, “Submissions”) are entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such Submissions as we see fit and without any obligation or compensation to you.
10. Rules Regarding Submitting Content
By using our Services, you agree not to post any Submitted Content that you know is incorrect or not current.
You further agree not to post Submitted Content or take any action that:
- May create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, any other person or any animal;
- Is fraudulent, vulgar, obscene, unlawful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, is sexually or otherwise harassing or menacing, high-pressure sales tactics, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, highly coercive, profane, or otherwise harmful to any Users or in any way violates the Nondiscrimination Policy set forth herein;
- Creates liability for us in any manner whatsoever;
- Violates or possibly causes us to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation or encourages criminal conduct;
- Scans or tests the vulnerability or security of our Services or the system within which it operates or involves the upload, or insertion of, any programming language or code into or onto, our Services;
- Contains your personal information that you do not wish to be made public or to be displayed in accordance with the applicable settings that you indicate, or that contains another person's personal information or otherwise invades another's privacy;
- Contains any information (such as insider, proprietary or confidential information) that you do not have a right to make available due to contract, fiduciary duty, or operation of law;
- Advertises the products or services of others or contains links to third-party web sites or solicits business for products or services other than those that are offered and promoted on the Services
- Contains any computer hardware or software, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, or any other computer programming that may interfere with the operation of our Services or our systems and or create or impose a large burden or load on our Services or systems; or
- Infringes any third party's intellectual property rights including but not limited to copyright, patent or trademark right.
We reserve the right, but do not have the obligation to monitor, remove, or restrict any Submitted Content for any reason, including, without limitation, that your Submitted Content is in violation of these Terms or is otherwise inappropriate, as determined in our sole discretion.
You agree that any action or inaction by us or any of our directors, officers, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, employees, consultants, affiliates, partners, agents or representatives (collectively, our “Representatives”) to prevent, restrict, redress, or regulate Submitted Content, or to implement other enforcement measures against any Submitted Content, is undertaken voluntarily and in good faith. Our Representatives may moderate Submitted Content, conduct, and compliance with these Terms at our discretion but they do not have any authority to make binding commitments, promises or representations on our behalf.
You expressly agree that Our Representatives and anyone else authorized to act on our behalf shall in no circumstances be liable as a result of any representation that we would or would not restrict or redress any Submitted Content, conduct or potential or purported violation of the Terms.
11. Tools & Changes to Services
The Services offers several tools to Users (collectively, “User Tools”), some of which are provided by third parties. We are not responsible for the availability, suitability or effectiveness of any of these User Tools, whether provided by a third party or not.
In order to optimize Services operation, we are constantly testing and evolving the Services and the services offered on it. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue any User Tools or other services or features provided on the Services at any time without warning. You agree that we may make such changes and reverse or modify them at any time, without notice.
We are not responsible for any data you lose as a result of a malfunction of the User Tools or the Services or for any other reason or any consequential damages resulting from such data loss. You should always keep a back-up copy of all such information on your computer and in hard copy.
12. Fees & Payments
There are no minimum fees for Users to join our Services. Optional fee-based services are available but participation is not mandatory.
Members: There are currently no fee-based services for a large portion of our Services. We may offer optional fee-based services. The fee and timing of payments for the fee-based service will be described separately as part of the applicable fee-based service.
Vendors: Vendors with valid Vendor accounts may opt into additional paid services (“Premium Services”). Such Premium Services will be subject to additional terms.
We may add new services for additional fees and charges, or add or amend fees and charges for existing services, at any time in our sole discretion. In order to optimize the Services, we are constantly testing new initiatives and product offerings and may change the operation of the Services, including the order and manner in which advertisements appear on it, and the way that services are delivered. You agree that we may test, implement, remove or modify features on the Services at any time without notice.
13.1. Text Messaging
By using the Services, you agree that we and those acting on our behalf may, in certain circumstances, send you text (SMS) messages at the phone number you provided us. These messages may include operational messages about your use of the Services, as well as marketing or other promotional messages. You may not be able to use the Services without agreeing to receive operational text messages. Users of the Services may also send you text messages through the Services.
13.2. E-SIGN Disclosure
By agreeing to receive text messages, you also consent to the use of an electronic record to document your agreement. You may withdraw your consent to the use of the electronic record by sending a message to email@example.com. To view and retain a copy of this disclosure or any information regarding your enrollment in this program, you will need (i) a device (such as a computer or mobile phone) with a web browser and Internet access and (ii) either a printer or storage space on such device. For a free paper copy, or to update our records of your contact information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org with contact information and the address for delivery.
14. Disclaimers of Warranties
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT, EDUCATIONAL, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE EVENTSCAPE AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR OTHER AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, STOCKHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, PARTNERS, AGENTS, OTHER OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES, OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS (THE "LIMITED PARTIES") IS NOT ITSELF A PROVIDER OF HEALTH CARE OR TELEHEALTH SERVICES, AND THE SERVICES ARE NOT INTENDED TO, AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE COUNSELING OR THERAPY OR HEALTH, MEDICAL, OR LEGAL ADVICE. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WHILE WE ENABLE USERS TO COMMUNICATE WITH ONE ANOTHER, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING SUCH INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS, AND WE ARE NOT A PARTY TO TRANSACTIONS OR INTERACTIONS THAT MAY OCCUR BETWEEN USERS, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. ADDITIONALLY, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ANY VENDOR IS LICENSED, QUALIFIED, INSURED OR CAPABLE OF PERFORMING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE, AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE EXPERTISE, PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, OR QUALITY OF WORK OF ANY VENDOR , OR THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY OR ACCURACY OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THEY PROVIDE. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTENT PROVIDED, DISPLAYED, OR GENERATED THROUGH THE SERVICES, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE SERVICES, ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT). THIS MEANS THAT WE MAKE NO PROMISES THAT:
- THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME,
- THE SERVICES WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS OR PROVIDE ANY PARTICULAR RESULTS,
- THE INFORMATION ON THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR UP TO DATE,
- THE SERVICES OR THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO OR FROM THEM OR STORED ON THEM WILL BE SECURE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS,
- INFORMATION AND CONTENT THAT YOU STORE IN YOUR ACCOUNT OR ON THE SERVICES WILL REMAIN RETRIEVABLE AND UNCORRUPTED, OR
- THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
ALTHOUGH WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THE SERVICES IS ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MAKE CORRECTIONS TO ANY OF THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING PRICING) AT ANY TIME. WE CANNOT, AND DO NOT, GUARANTEE THE CORRECTNESS, TIMELINESS, PRECISION, THOROUGHNESS OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES, NOR WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INACCURACY OR OMISSION CONCERNING ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. WHILE WE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO GUARANTEE AVAILABILITY, PRICE, AND QUALITY OF ITEMS SOLD BY US THROUGH THE SERVICES, UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES MAY WARRANT MODIFICATIONS AT ANY TIME, AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MAY VARY SLIGHTLY IN COLOR AND SIZE.
15. Limited Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR ANY OF THE LIMITED PARTIES (AS DEFINED ABOVE), BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, FOR USE OF COUPONS, OR FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SERVICES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users, and we are not a party to any such disputes. We reserve the right, but do not have any obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. Any and all communications, correspondence, verbal or written, or any warranties or representations, made with regard to products and services offered through the Services by Users are not provided by us and are specifically and solely between the Users. We have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
You agree to release the Limited Parties from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any disputes between you and any third parties or in any way related to goods, services, or events involving third parties.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us and the Limited Parties harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising in any manner in whole or in part out of your use of the Services, including but not limited to (i) your advertising, provision of or failure to pay for goods or services promoted on the Services; (ii) claims that any of your Submitted Content includes materials owned by third parties without authorization, was defamatory or harassing, or otherwise violated the rights of any third party or (iii) your breach of these Terms, or applicable law, by your or by someone accessing the Services via your account. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you agree to cooperate with us in defending such claims. These indemnification, defense, and hold harmless obligations will survive these Terms and the termination of your use of the Services.
17. Suspension or Termination of Access and Remedies
We have the right to deny access to, and to suspend or terminate your access to, the Services, or to any features or portions of the Services, and to remove and discard any content or materials you have submitted to the Services, at any time and for any reason or for no reason and without notice to you.
Actions that may result in the rejection or removal of your participation can include, but are not limited to: any violation of the Terms; your creation, maintenance and/or management of more than one account; your non-payment in full any unpaid fees; any attempt by you to improperly influence, or cause another to improperly influence the feedback of Members; your unethical conduct, to be determined at our sole discretion; or any attempt by you to harass, or cause another to harass, or have inappropriate communications with a Member.
In the event that we suspend or terminate your access to and/or use of the Services, you will continue to be bound by the Terms that were in effect as of the date of your suspension or termination. In the event we suspend or terminate your account or the Terms, you understand and agree that you shall receive no refund or exchange for any unused time on a subscription, any license or subscription fees for any portion of the Services, any content or data associated with your account or for anything else, unless applicable terms provide otherwise.
If you are a Vendor, after your relationship with us is terminated for any reason, we shall be entitled to retain and display all reviews associated with you on the Services as well as basic directory information, including, without limitation, business name, mailing address, website address and telephone number.
Remedies for use of our Services that violate the Terms include, but are not limited to, the immediate termination of your membership, notifying our Users of your actions, issuing a warning (including a public warning), temporarily suspending your membership, monetary compensation, and injunctive relief.
18. Linked Websites
19. The Services Do Not Provide Medical Advice
- The Services are not intended to provide instructions in the event of an If you believe you may have a medical emergency, call your local emergency medical system immediately.
- The Services are not an attempt to practice medicine or provide specific medical advice, nor does the use of the Services constitute the provision of treatment to a user or establish a doctor-patient For medical treatment or answers to personal questions, we strongly encourage you to consult with a qualified health care provider. For advice about your own care, please consult with your doctor.
- The Services are for your own general, personal, and educational purposes The Services should not be used as a substitute for a visit with, or the diagnosis or treatment by, a qualified health care provider.
- Application of or reliance on any of the content, techniques, ideas, or suggestions accessed through the Services is at your sole discretion and Do not delay or forgo seeking medical care from a health care provider if you have questions, concerns, or symptoms related to health topics or information that may be presented or referenced on the Services.
- The Services are not intended to provide a substitute for your own sound and reasonably prudent judgment, and are not intended to be for diagnosis or Persons using the Services assume full responsibility for the use of the Services, materials and other information provided, and agree that The Eventscape, and its Representatives are not responsible or liable for any claim, loss, or damage arising from their use. Your reliance on the Services obtained or used by you is solely at your own risk except as provided by law.
20. General Provisions
- Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any law to the contrary (including any relevant statutes of limitation), any claim or cause of action that you may have arising out of or related to the use of the Services, or these Terms, must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action accrued or be permanently barred.
- Section Headings. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.
- Changes. We retain the right to revise our Services, product and/or service offerings, including the tools made available to you, at any time for any reason including without limitation to comply with any applicable law or regulation. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance.
- No Agency. You hereby agree and acknowledge that your provision of services and/or your use of the Services, does not confer or imply any contractor (independent or otherwise), agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship with us and furthermore that no affiliation, association or connection exists between you and us. In no event shall you have authority to bind, commit, contract for, or otherwise obligate us in any manner whatsoever.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and us via the Services use electronic means, whether you visit the Services or send us an email, or whether we post notices on the Services or communicate with you via email. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form, and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were in writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. The Terms are not intended to benefit any third party, and do not create any third-party Accordingly, the Terms may only be invoked or enforced by you or us.
- No Assignment. The Terms are personal to you and you may not assign them to anyone.
- No Modification by Trade Usage/Prior Course of Dealing. The Terms may not be modified, supplemented, qualified, or interpreted by any trade usage or prior course of dealing not made a part of the Terms by its express terms.
- Failure to Enforce. Our failure to enforce at any time any of the provisions of the Terms, to exercise any election or option provided herein, or to require at any time the performance of the other of any of the provisions herein will not in any way be construed as a waiver of such provisions.
- Unenforceability. If any provision of the Terms is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Prevailing Terms. To the extent of any conflict between the Terms in the Terms and any other document made a part of the Terms by its express terms, the Terms of the Terms shall prevail except as otherwise stated in the Terms or when the other document specifically states that it shall prevail.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms and any additional terms and conditions that are referenced herein or otherwise may apply to specific areas of the Services, constitute the entire agreement between us and you with respect to the Services.